Volunteer Central Victoria wants to hear from people who have been volunteering during this period of lockdown. Have you been packing hampers for Food Banks or cooking and delivering meals? Or perhaps lockdown has prevented you from your usual volunteering role because of concerns around your health and the risk of infection.
During Volunteer Week, which takes place from 18 to 24 May, these stories will be published on the Volunteer Central Vic Facebook page.
“Volunteers are so valuable,” says Lisa Richards, Volunteer Central Vic Coordinator. “We want to honour their contribution to our community. This project is about resilience, coping with change, and about giving our volunteers a voice and recognition of their vital contribution. We also hope to inspire people to stay connected with volunteering as we move forward to recovery.”
How to submit a story
Send a photo of either:
- You in your volunteer role, if you are still able to volunteer
- You at home, however you are keeping busy
You can also film a short video clip on your phone or tablet.
Tell us your story:
- Tell us a bit about yourself.
- If you are volunteering now, what are you doing?
- If you used to volunteer but have had to stand down, what did you do?
- How did you get involved?
- What do you love about your role?
- What are the challenges?
- Do you see yourself continuing in this role?
- How are you staying positive during the pandemic?