As we mark World COPD Day on 15 November, we highlight the benefits of doing a pulmonary rehabilitation course which can assist with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other lung conditions. We offer pulmonary rehabilitation for free at our Kyneton site. The program involves one-on-one assessment, education sessions and a personalised exercise schedule tailored to your needs.
Our team includes a pulmonary rehabilitation nurse, a dietitian, physiotherapists and occupational therapists. They deliver a program designed to support you in managing your symptoms, to improve your health and help you stay well.
Education topics include:
- How the lungs work
- Medicines – what they do and how to use them
- How exercise can help improve your symptoms
- Nutrition and living well
- Energy conservation
- Airway clearance
- Managing breathing issues
Who is it for?
This program is strongly recommended for adults with:
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- A recent hospital discharge with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic asthma
- Stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
The program is delivered in line with the Lung Foundation Australia guidelines, and with funding from Murray PHN.
Learn more or book a place
Call 5421 1666
Visit us at 1 Caroline Chisholm Drive, Kyneton
Download a brochure here.