- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary)
- Diploma of Management
- Australian Certified Economic Developer (ACEcD)
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
Bruce is a professional working in the local government sector, with over 12 years of experience in roles relating to economic development, place making, investment attraction and more recently smart cities. Originally from a small farming community in Western Victoria, he has been a resident in Sunbury since 2012 where he appreciates the combination of rural life-style and connectivity to inner Melbourne.
Bruce has a keen interest in the concept of ‘place’ and in particular how people, businesses and community groups connect and support each other through the cycle of life. In 2018 Bruce received a scholarship to visit Japan to conduct a study tour into the phenomenon of Japan’s transition into a ‘super-aged society’ and possible lessons to learn for Australia with a report published in the Economic Development Australia Journal.
As a father of two primary school aged children, he is passionate about the local community and the work delivered by Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health.
Memberships of Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health Subcommittees and Working Groups:
- Investment Strategy Subcommittee
- Clinical Governance and Risk Subcommittee
- ICT and Data Subcommittee
- Nominations Committee