- 0.8 EFT ongoing
- Are you an experienced and hardworking aged care professional committed to promoting consumer directed care and supporting people to stay at home?
- Be part of our growing Home Care Package program
- Generous salary packaging benefits available
About the role:
This position is responsible for care management of a caseload of Home Care Package (HCP) holders within the Community Connections Unit. Involvement and continued development opportunities in this program at Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health would present an exciting challenge to an experienced and caring aged care professional.
The position will also work with the Home Care Packages Team Leader to provide a point of engagement for community members and clients enquiring about HCPs and to expand the HCP program.
HCPs are allocated to eligible people by the Commonwealth Government to support people, generally 65 years of age or over, who wish to stay at home. The Care Manager assists HCP holder to make choices around their care needs, develops a care plan and coordinates the required range of supports within an allocated budget.
- Embrace diversity and actively promote respect for all clients, staff and stakeholders
- Professional presentation, punctuality and reliability
- Ability to build respectful collaborative partnership with key community stakeholders
- Ability to establish and build mutually beneficial partnerships and alliances with current and potential service delivery partners
- Demonstrated ability to develop collegial relationships and lead change
- Ability to facilitate and lead case meetings in order to develop and achieve established outcomes
- Demonstrated confidence and personal resilience and ability to manage challenging situations
- Collaborate effectively with supervisor, peers, staff and volunteers from across the organisation to achieve individual, team and organisational objectives
- Facilitate effective teamwork by providing leadership, support, facilitation of supervision and direction to individual team members and to the team as a whole
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Promote best practice in service delivery by contributing to the development of service policies and systems
- Demonstrated capacity to set and achieve goals through planning, organising and implementing in a consultative and cooperative manner
The successful candidate will be required to undertake and maintain a National Criminal History Check (NCHC), an NDIS Safety Screening check and hold a current valid Working With Children Check. As a healthcare provider, all our staff will need to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a medical exemption by an authorised medical practitioner.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Carly Visscher, Manager Community Connections on 0448 827 120 or email email@example.com
How to apply:
As an employer, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all cultures and backgrounds.
To be considered for a role, your application must include a cover letter, resume (including 3 referees) and responses to the key selection criteria, which need to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 29 May, 5pm