- 0.8 EFT (fixed-term to 30 June 2024)
- Lifestyle change with the opportunity for country living
- Supportive work environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits available
- Based in Sunbury
About the role:
Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health (SCCH) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and dynamic Financial Counsellor to be part of our multidisciplinary team.
Based in Sunbury the role sites within the Housing Support team which provides support to individuals and families experiencing homelessness and housing and financial distress.
If you’re looking for a lifestyle change and strong employment prospects SCCHC are offering rewarding employment opportunity for those who are ready to make the change.
- Preferably have 2 years’ experience in a financial counselling or related role and an understanding of issues relevant to the community service sector.
- Knowledge of casework as related to the target group.
- An awareness of financial hardship and the issues that lead to financial stress such as family violence, mental health, poor financial literacy, substance use and generational poverty.
- Skilled communicator who can enthusiastically engage with others.
- Have knowledge of policies and practices of major creditors and the ability to identify the appropriate legislation which applies to particular debts.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake and maintain a National Criminal History Check (NCHC), a NDIS Safety Screening check, and hold a current valid Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Justine Maher on (03) 5421 1643 or email email@example.com.
How to apply:
As an employer, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all cultures and backgrounds.
To be considered for a role, your application must include a cover letter, resume (including 3 referees) and responses to the Key Selection Criteria, which need to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday 25 October 2021, 5pm