- Part time 0.8 EFT ongoing
- Supportive and friendly team
- Based in Sunbury
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on families in need and helping them achieve great outcomes? Do you want to be part of a progressive community health organisation and work within a multi-disciplinary team that specialises in child and family wellbeing? With a staff award and recognition program, training and development opportunities and access to external supervision, Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health is an employer of choice.
The Family Services Practitioner position is a dynamic case management role providing service to children in the context of their families in response to referrals from The Orange Door. You will be required to demonstrate sound judgment and be able to operate with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Passion, commitment, and experience of supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged families
- The ability to work creatively and innovatively
- The ability to network and engage with valued partners
- Commitment to collaborative and use inclusive practice
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor (or equivalent) in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or other Human Services related degree, with experience working in the field
- Good work ethic and commitment to quality service delivery
- Ability to make sound judgments in changing circumstances
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to build rapport with children and people with a wide range of abilities
- Comfortable dealing with complex situations involving vulnerable families
- Ability to implement and, with others, create responses to complex situations
- Ability to engage well with children and their families with multiple and complex needs
- Flexibility and the ability to adjust to the changing needs of children and their families
- Supportive colleague and active team contributor
Benefits and perks:
Our benefits enhance everyday wellbeing and encourage you to take time to make a difference in the community:
- Supervision embedded and valued within the team and support with your professional development
- The option to access purchased leave
- Free professional counselling from our world class employee assistance program
- In addition to your salary and superannuation, you’ll also receive 17.5% leave loading and access to the full $15,900 salary packaging benefits plus up to $2,650 meals and entertainment packaging benefits
- Access to the Fitness Passport program (subsidised access to selected gyms across Victoria) and organisational-led employee wellbeing initiatives such as virtual challenges and all-staff development day
- Free parking and fresh fruit on-site for all employees
The successful candidate will be required to undertake and maintain a National Criminal History Check (NCHC), a NDIS Safety Screening check, and hold a current valid Working With Children Check.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Team Leader, Renee Griffiths on 9744 9595.
How to apply:
As an employer, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all cultures and backgrounds.
To be considered for a role, your application must include a cover letter, resume (including three referees) and responses to the key selection criteria, which need to be submitted via email to: Renee.Griffiths@scchc.org.au.
Applications Close: Wednesday 1 November 2023, 5pm