To inform our planning, we wanted to know what community strengths and concerns are seen as most important to help improve health outcomes and better support local initiatives that create a safe, thriving and connected community for Sunbury, Macedon Ranges and surrounds.
We surveyed organisations and groups that work with or support the community in Sunbury, the Macedon Ranges and surrounds, with 57 responses received. In addition to this we held six community conversations, facilitated by the Jeder Institute, across Sunbury, Kyneton, Romsey, Gisborne and online which allowed us to connect with 60 individuals.
The most common community strengths were:
- Community connection (including strong networks/partnerships)
- A caring and active community which provides leadership and advocacy
- A range of resources including community organisations and groups, sports clubs/facilities and the natural environment
Mental health and social isolation were key health concerns for both partners and community members.
Overall, it was identified that Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health should seek opportunities to work with others to:
- Communicate – share information, be visible, raise awareness, advocate.
- Connect – bring people together, join with others.
- Collaborate – create opportunities, find common goals.
For more information see the snapshot report here.